| Wednesday, May 6, 2009
| Visiting Places In Proddatur
- Sivalayam (Agastheshwaralayam) Temple - Located in the centre of the town , Lord Shiva's temple.
- Kanyaka Parmeswari Aalayam (Ammavarishala) - The belief is that Sankara sent down a small flow of water from the rounded plaits (Jatas) where he stored the holy Ganga, to this town of “Bhradhnapuri” which later was named Proddatur, meaning almost the same in Telugu. Bradhna is the Sanskrit form for Proddu in Telugu, which means Surya.
- Datta Peetham aka Satyanarayana Swamy Temple - Lord Satyanarayana Swamy temple located in Y.M.R colony. Temple has also the dieties of YogiRaja Vallabha Datta, Siva Panchayatana, Goddess Chamundeswari, Lord Hanuman and newly installed Yoga Naarasimha and Sudarshana idols. The Sudarshana idol is first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh.Avadhoota Datta Peetham (Mysore) took over the temple responsibilities in late 1980s.
- Chennakesava Swami Temple - Ancient Lord ChennaKesava's temple, located near Old Market.
- Ayyappaswamy Temple - Beautiful Temple located on the bank of Penna river near to PMF-Quarters.
- Rameswaram Temple — One of the oldest Temples in Proddatur. There is a saying that the people who visit Kasi should visit Rameswaram in Proddatur, to complete their "Kasi journey".
- Sai Baba Temple - There are two Sai Baba temples in Proddatur: one on Rameswaram road, and another in Y.M.R Colony.
- Lord Venkateswara temple - It is located in Ballavaram, which is on the Jammalamadugu Road. The temple got its recognition after reconstructing the temple. For every Pongal, in this temple many cultural activities are conducted.
- Narasimha Swami Temple - Historical and Old temple located in Narasimhapuram village, 5 km from Proddatur. For every Sankranthi festival, Narasimha Jayanthi, bhajans, events are conducted at this temple. It got into notice after renovation in 2001 and this village is also famous for Silk sarees.
- Sivalayam Temple - Small temple, but old temple, located in outskirts of Narasimhapuram and Pedda Settipalli villages.
- Veera Brahmendra swamy temple- Located in Achari colony.
- Nookalola Gudi - In this temple Rajarajeswari devi and Lord Venkateswara are the deities. This temple was known as Nookalola (family name of the key person/devotee involved) gudi.
- Chowshen vali durga-In this we can see the chowshen vali baba.It is very famous Durga in proddaturit is near to old market.
- sri kodandaramaswamy temple-located in ayodhyanagar,vasantapeta
- sri Kodandaramalayam temple-located in Dwarakanagar[Acharla colony]
- Khadar Hussain Masjid, Srinivasa Nagar
- Noorani Masjid
- Matti Masjid
- Makka Masjid
- Nadim palle Masjid
- Dastagiri peta Masjid
- The Penthe kostu machine church, Auto nager
- Shalom church, Gandhi Road
|posted by aravindayadav @ 1:44 AM