| Wednesday, May 6, 2009
| More iformation about Proddatur
More Information about Proddatur
The Town is divided into more than 100 Streets. Some of their names are given below.
* Acharla Colony
* Dwaraka Nagar
* Balaji Nagar
* Proddatur Milk Factory Quarters
* Gowramma Katta Street
* Kota Veedhi
* Abul Kalam Azad|Moulana Azad Street
* Vinayak Nagar
* Shivalayam Veedhi
* Subbi Reddy Kottalu
* Dorasanipalle Road
* Sri Ram Nagar
* Chowdeswary Nagar
* Gandhi Road
* T B Road (Travellers Bunglaw Road)
* Korrapadu Road
* Yerraguntla Road
* Ammavaarishala Road
* Vijayanagaram Street
* Mydukur Road
* Sri Ramulapeta
* Yerra Muni Reddy Colony
* Sastri Nagar
* Super Bazar Street
* S K G Street
* Reddi vari Veedhi
* Sundharacharyula Veedhi
* Housing Board
* Islam Puram Street
* Guravayya Thota
* Sambayyagari Veedi (PNR)
* Geetha Ashramam Veedhi
* Vedurla Bazar (Potti Sreeramulu Street)
* Maruti Nagar
* Nagendra Nagar (Arts college Road)
* State Bank Of India
* State Bank of Hyderabad
* Andhra Bank
* Central Bank of India
* Proddatur Cooperative Town Bank
* Indian Bank
* Corporation Bank
* Axis Bank
* ING Vysya Bank
* Karur Vysya Bank
* Lakshmi Vilas Bank
* Syndicate Bank
* ICICI Bank
* HDFC Bank
* City Union Bank
* Andhra Pragathi Gramena Bank
* State Bank of India(ADB), Suparbazar Road
* Vijaya Bank, TB Road
* Union bank of india
* Government General Hospital -- Located on Yerraguntla Road, 300 bed facility with Emergency Care
* Government Maternity Hospital -- Located at Sreeramula Peta
* Dr. P.V Chandra Sekhar -Sri Krishna Childrens Hospital,Gandhi Road
* Ravi Nursing Home, opp. to State Bank of India, Gandhi road. The following is Doctors Team
o Dr. Rajaram Mohan Reddy
o Dr. Uday Raghava Reddy (Dentist)
o Dr. Jaya Subhashini (Homeopathy)
o Dr. Shilpa Reddy
* Dr. Ravi Chandra Reddy -- General,Heart,Asthma and Nurosurgen--HolmesPet Road
* Dr. Kakarla. Bala krishna Reddy M.B.B.S,D.A(Anasthethist)
* Dr. N.Ranga Reddy (sailaja nursinghome)-- Located in SubbaReddy Nagar , Pediatrician
* Dr. Koduru Prabhakar Reddy,M. D(Paediatrics) - Padma Nursing Home - Vedurla Bazar
* Dr. Tyagaraja Reddy Hospital -- Located on Jammalamadugu Road
* Dr. Prasad Reddy Hospital -- Surgeon - Located in Gandhi Road
* Dr. Naga Dastagiri Reddy -- Surgeon -- Located in HolmesPet Road
* Medinova Hospitals -- Located on Gandhi Road
* Dr. Ramalinga Reddy Hospital -- Located in HolmesPet Road , Pediatrician
* Dr. Lakshmi Narasaiah Hospital -- Located in HolmesPet Road, Surgeon
* Dr. Lakshmi Prathap Reddy -- Located on Gandhi Road, Gynacologist
* Dr. P.Sreekanth - Childrens specialist -- located on Gandhi Road
* Dr. M.Nagalakshmi - D.G.O
* Dr. J.Krishna Reddy M.B.B.S, M.S, General Surgeon and Dr. M.Varalakshmi Devi M.B.B.S,M.D,DGO -- Lakshmi Kishore Nursing Home -- Geetasaramam street
* Dr. P.Saptha Saila Prasad -- Care Diagnostic Centre -- located on Gandhi Road
* One Town Pocice Station (251333)
* Two Town Pocice Station (257333)
* Three Town Pocice Station (253333)
* Urban Pocice Station (253306,256333)
* Traffic Pocice Station
* Divisional Police Officer, Proddatur (252333)
* Road -- Well connected to all the 4 major cities, Hyderabad, Vijayawada , Chennai and Bangalore. New A. P. S. R. T. C bus station is located in Mydukur Road. Old Bustand is located at Jammalamadugu Road.
* Train -- Nearest Railway station is Yerraguntla which is 14 km away and is on the Mumbai - Chennai railway line. Also, a new railway station is under construction in Proddatur on bypass road near Jammalamadugu Road towards Rameshwaram.
* Araveti Theater
* Anwar Theater.
* Archana Theater.
* Bharath Theater.
* B.V.S Theater.
* Chand Theater.
* New Balaji Theater.
* Sudha Theater.
* Venkateswara Theater.
* Vijay Kumar Theater.(TEMP NOT WORKING)
* Mini Bharath Theater.
Labels: more information
|posted by aravindayadav @ 2:08 AM
| Visiting Places In Proddatur
- Sivalayam (Agastheshwaralayam) Temple - Located in the centre of the town , Lord Shiva's temple.
- Kanyaka Parmeswari Aalayam (Ammavarishala) - The belief is that Sankara sent down a small flow of water from the rounded plaits (Jatas) where he stored the holy Ganga, to this town of “Bhradhnapuri” which later was named Proddatur, meaning almost the same in Telugu. Bradhna is the Sanskrit form for Proddu in Telugu, which means Surya.
- Datta Peetham aka Satyanarayana Swamy Temple - Lord Satyanarayana Swamy temple located in Y.M.R colony. Temple has also the dieties of YogiRaja Vallabha Datta, Siva Panchayatana, Goddess Chamundeswari, Lord Hanuman and newly installed Yoga Naarasimha and Sudarshana idols. The Sudarshana idol is first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh.Avadhoota Datta Peetham (Mysore) took over the temple responsibilities in late 1980s.
- Chennakesava Swami Temple - Ancient Lord ChennaKesava's temple, located near Old Market.
- Ayyappaswamy Temple - Beautiful Temple located on the bank of Penna river near to PMF-Quarters.
- Rameswaram Temple — One of the oldest Temples in Proddatur. There is a saying that the people who visit Kasi should visit Rameswaram in Proddatur, to complete their "Kasi journey".
- Sai Baba Temple - There are two Sai Baba temples in Proddatur: one on Rameswaram road, and another in Y.M.R Colony.
- Lord Venkateswara temple - It is located in Ballavaram, which is on the Jammalamadugu Road. The temple got its recognition after reconstructing the temple. For every Pongal, in this temple many cultural activities are conducted.
- Narasimha Swami Temple - Historical and Old temple located in Narasimhapuram village, 5 km from Proddatur. For every Sankranthi festival, Narasimha Jayanthi, bhajans, events are conducted at this temple. It got into notice after renovation in 2001 and this village is also famous for Silk sarees.
- Sivalayam Temple - Small temple, but old temple, located in outskirts of Narasimhapuram and Pedda Settipalli villages.
- Veera Brahmendra swamy temple- Located in Achari colony.
- Nookalola Gudi - In this temple Rajarajeswari devi and Lord Venkateswara are the deities. This temple was known as Nookalola (family name of the key person/devotee involved) gudi.
- Chowshen vali durga-In this we can see the chowshen vali baba.It is very famous Durga in proddaturit is near to old market.
- sri kodandaramaswamy temple-located in ayodhyanagar,vasantapeta
- sri Kodandaramalayam temple-located in Dwarakanagar[Acharla colony]
- Khadar Hussain Masjid, Srinivasa Nagar
- Noorani Masjid
- Matti Masjid
- Makka Masjid
- Nadim palle Masjid
- Dastagiri peta Masjid
- The Penthe kostu machine church, Auto nager
- Shalom church, Gandhi Road
|posted by aravindayadav @ 1:44 AM